Sunday, February 11, 2007

Watching, Reading, Listening To (2/11/07)

Again, I stole this idea from Jamie Cole.

Watching - Let's see, last night, I went over to Briana and Jeremy's apartment with Amber and we watched Broken Bridges starring Toby Keith and Kelly Preston. It actually was a really good movie. At first I thought it was going to be another one of those "American" movies, especially since it starred Toby Keith (not my favorite singer). Overall I thought it was a great movie especially that I got to watch it with great friends.

Reading - So I finally finished up Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. What a great book. It is so honest and it really speaks to your soul. It is delicious with non-religious thoughts on Christian Spirituality. So now I started reading Praise Habit by David Crowder. Its good so far. Crowder has a very interesting way of writing. I think its great. I also began to re-read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling in anticipation of the upcoming movie. I CAN'T WAIT!! I also found a book the other day at work that deals with my favorite place...STARBUCKS! Leonard Sweet's The Gospel According to Starbucks: Living With a Grande Passion is so far really good. Here is a bit about it (taken from the book's description):

You don’t stand in line at Starbucks® just to buy a cup of coffee. You stop for the experience surrounding the cup of coffee.Too many of us line up for God out of duty or guilt. We completely miss the warmth and richness of the experience of living with God. If we’d learn to see what God is doing on earth, we could participate fully in the irresistible life that he offers. You can learn to pay attention like never before, to identify where God is already in business right in your neighborhood. The doors are open and the coffee is brewing. God is serving the refreshing antidote to the unsatisfying, arms-length spiritual life–and he won’t even make you stand in line. Let Leonard Sweet show you how the passion that Starbucks® has for creating an irresistible experience can connect you with God’s stirring introduction to the experience of faith.

Listening To - Recently, I was introduced to an up-and-coming artist named Mindy Smith (of course, I say she is up-and-coming, because she is slowly making her way to my favorites list). She currently has an article about her in the January/February issue of Relevant Magazine. One of her songs, Come to Jesus, is an amazing song. She kind of has a Norah Jones feel to her music. Very acoustic, more like, if I were to classify her, it would probably be Contemporary Folk, not like boondocks Folk, but the good kind. Lol...

Ok, I gotta go for now, because my battery is about to die!! AIEE!!

Later peeps!

No comments: