Sunday, April 01, 2007

Where's Waldo? (I mean Brian...)

WOW!! I had almost forgotten I had one of these things. Yeah right, except Dr. Copeland politely reminded me yesterday that I haven't blogged in forever. So, per his request, I am blogging again.

My life has been rather calm for the past little while. Aside from working alot and school and stuff at Mountaintop, I have been relatively stress free (not saying that anything at Mountaintop would make me stressed...I love that place and I love how God is working there and opening doors for me to serve there).

So yesterday, I auditioned for the UAB Department of Music. I auditioned with Danza, Danza Fanciulla Gentile and Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair. I was very pleased with my audition. I thought it went alot better than last time I auditioned for UAB two years ago.

So here's a bitter-sweet moment, I will be graduating from Jefferson State in a months time. It will be sad because I will be leaving a choir of which I've grown comfortable in, as well as friends I've made over the past two years. But it will also be a great moment because I will be receiving an Associates of Arts degree and I WILL BE AT UAB IN THE FALL!!! I am soooo psyched about that. I can't wait to be a part of UAB's amazing choir and music department. There, I will be working my way towards a Bachelors in Music Education Degree. Then I can teach! YAY!

Well, I think this shall do for now. I really should be studying for something...so I might. Lol...

Later peeps!

2 comments:

Bullet said...

Hey congrats man! That's great news! You're knocking down the goals one by one. Keep it up. You rock.

Lauren said...

Brian, thanks for your comment. We ended up going to Covenant Presbyterian. We both liked it--it's really different from where we usually go. Good to see you yesterday!