Friday, February 09, 2007

Sadness at Starbucks

So I finished off my Starbucks card the other day...it was very sad. It was well used though. My Wednesday routine is to go over to Starbucks after Choir on Wednesdays before I have to be at Mountaintop. So while there I usually spend time reading and just relaxing and just having some "me" time. I finally finished reading Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. Wow, that book is amazing. So now I am reading Praise Habit by David Crowder.

By the way, in my opinion, Valentine's Day is the WORST HOLIDAY EVER created by anyone (thanks alot Hallmark Card Company). And yes, I am most likely saying this because I have never spent that day with a significant other or had a "Valentine." Actually, it really is a waste of a perfectly good day. [Edit] After discussing the ridiculousness of this day with Amber today, I still don't understand why we, as children, had to go and give every person in our class a "valentine's card" and a sucker. Does that mean that every child we grew up with was our "Valentine?" That would be quite odd.

Well, the only news I have currently is that I, along with the rest of the Jefferson State Choir will be on Good Day Alabama (Fox6) on Thursday, February 15th. We will be singing a few songs throughout the show. We will be filmed on campus at Jefferson State, which means that I've got to be over there at 5:30!! DANG! That's early!

Well, enough rambling for now. If anyone wants to make my day, get me a Starbucks card for V-day. Maybe then I'll change my view of that day.

:)

No comments: