Friday, November 24, 2006

Now it is suitable for Christmas music to be played...

Well, I hope everyone had a happy turkey day! Mine was good. I spent it with the fam. We had lunch over at my Aunt Peggie's house for my Dad's side of the fam. Afterwards, we went over to Memaw's house for supper with Mom's side of the fam.

Later, I came home and listened to some Christmas music...seeing as NOW it is suitable for Christmas music to be played. Anytime before now is utterly ridiculous in my opinion.

Speaking of Christmastime, beginning this Sunday at Mountaintop we begin our Christmas music in the services and Bill, our pastor, begins a new series leading towards Christmas.



Join us on Sundays now through December 24th as we celebrate the beauty of Christmas. Beauty is found everywhere and this Christmas you may just find it in the most unlikely of places.


We with the Music Team are doing some really cool Christmas tunes that really express Christ's love for us. I really love what God has been doing around Mountaintop. He has really shown up lately and many have began to truely experience God and the love of Christ.

I just listened to an arrangement of We Wish You A Merry Christmas that the Praise Team will be singing a capella one Wednesday night at New Community Worship (I think it is December 6th). It is really cool. It has an amazing choral sound to it. It actually reminds me of something the UAB Choir would sing.

Speaking of choir stuff, I will soon be very busy with JeffState's choirs. Here is a quick rundown of our upcoming performance calendar:

December 5 - Caroling at the Country Club of Birmingham (Chamber Choir) - 5:00 - 7:00

December 6 - Caroling at the Country Club of Birmingham (CC & Yesterday) - "" - ""

December 7 - Full Choir Concert at Bluff Park UMC - (All Choirs) - 7:00 (All are Welcome)

December 8 - Performing for Good Day Alabama at Fox6 Studio - Early

December 9 - Dress Rehearsal for Christmas at the Alys - 7:00

December 10 - Christmas at the Alys - Alys Stephens Center - 2:00 or 3:00*

* I can't remember the exact time; we will be performing with UAB Choirs and others

WHEW!! And the best part about all of this is that the week after all of this, I have final exams! Yay me! ::le sigh::

Well, it is rather late, so I think I shall retire for the evening (seeing as how I have to be up at 5:00 because I have to be at work at 6:00...hooray, it's Black Friday...one of the worst day's in retail..well, it is actually the best day for retail, but not for it's employees). Have a great weekend everyone!

Brian

No comments: