Friday, November 24, 2006

Cure for the Lonely Heart...

It seems like everywhere I turn, everyone I know is either dating someone or engaged to someone or marrying someone. Is there hope for the lonely hearts? There is even unexpected romances in the air. I guess it is starting to get that time of year. Thats one thing I want I guess. I want a Christmas romance. A girl that I can cuddle with under a blanket while drinking hot chocolate by a fire or go to Zoolight Safari with or just someone else to buy a present for (yeah...like I even have enough money to buy presents for the people I have to buy for). I am just lonely around this time of year I guess. I mean, my family is all great and wonderful and I have an amazing God who will never leave me or forsake me, but there is still a whole in my heart that needs to be filled...not chipped away at like it has been in the past. I wish the past would stay just that...the past! Somehow it keeps rearing its ugly head...not that those times weren't great and wonderful back then, but now they just leave an empty scar that keeps tearing at my heart everytime I get hopeful for love (and I say that term 'love' very loosely...not like Agape love or Phileo love...but more of the Eros kind of love...lol...like that "Sunday kind of love..."). I guess that I will have to remain the owner of a lonely heart for now... ::le sigh::

Wanting love,
Brian

3 comments:

Bullet said...

Take it from a guy who waited until he was thirty to get married, these are some of the best days of your life - the single days. I love being married, and it has completed me as a man, but I learned so much and was able to do so much as a single guy. God doesn't work on your time schedule. Don't push it. Be thankful for the things around you right now. Why worry about the things that God is in control of. Is he not going to provide for you?
Second point, there will be plenty of time for drinking hot chocolate with someone when you're 80. You've got youth on your side. Go do something stupid that you'll later regret (disclaimer: omit things that are morally regrettable and permanent like tatoos) My point is, enjoy the spice that life has thrown your way. Don't wish for tomorrow or you'll totally miss out on today.

Unknown said...

Matt has some solid advice there for you. Your not the only one with a lonely heart, sometimes it is just life when you have to be strong on your own. Don't forget your faith in those hard times!

Girlie said...

you are not alone...there's a lot out there like you! just wait for God's perfect timing. God bless!