Friday, November 17, 2006

A Carpe Diem Attitude...

Well, I woke up today with a sense of living today to the fullest of what God has given me to live today. In this Carpe Diem--Seize the Day--Attitude, I think I shall write a blog.

On Wednesday, I started house sitting for my cousins Matt and Lauren while they are gone to Italy for a week (lucky them...). They live over in Homewood and I'll be staying here until Tuesday of next week taking care of their HUGE Chocolate Lab named Caesar. I am muy excitado about this (for those who arent fluid in the Spanish tongue--like I am...yeah right--that means VERY EXCITED!). This is kinda a big step for me. I am going to be completely independent this week (so if you see me a bit disheveled in the coming days, you'll know why). I will have to do my own laundry, cooking, cleaning, write two research papers (one for Old Testament and one for New Testament), sing at a college conference with my fellow JeffState Singers, go to work, go to school, and have a flippin awesome movie night on Sunday (yay!). Like I said, this is a big step for me. It will help me to be more independent and when the day comes for me to move out, I will have a good trial run to go on.

Well, I just wanted to update all of you on my upcoming activities. I got a call from Memaw the other day and she wants me to go to this big art exhibit in Montgomery with her on December 1st. Some of her quilts are going to be on show and she will be demonstrating and stuff. I always like going with her to these things. Did you know that 2007 is supposed to be the year of the arts in Alabama? We'll see what comes of this.

So I think this will do for now as an update on my life. December will be very busy for me...I am kind of looking foward to this, but sort of dreading it in a way. Oh well!

Brian

1 comment:

Bullet said...

Hey Bud,
Saw your post and had to see what you had going on here. We made it back in town around 5:30 today. Thanks so much for taking care of the house and Caesar. Lauren was so impressed by how well everything was taken care of. You the man! Will see you on Thursday.