Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Vocal Repertoire (so far)

Ok, so here is my vocal repertoire list so far. I guess I can use any of these if I had to for Juries (which is December 1st...yikes!). Below you'll see what I've got so far. I've listed my vocal coach for those pieces, as well as the ranges for those songs, so here they are:

Spring 2005 – Margaret Heron, Choir Director, Mortimer Jordan High School, Morris, AL:
Danza, danza fanciulla – Francesco Durante (1684-1755) [A#4-F#5]

Spring 2007 – Jessica Hall, Instructor of Music, Director of Choirs, Jefferson State Community College, Birmingham, AL:
Black Is The Color of My True Love’s Hair – John Jacob Niles (1892-1980) [D4-G5]

Fall 2007 - Rachel Mathes, Voice Instructor, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL:
Caro Mio Ben – Tommaso Giordani (1733–1806) [D4-F5]
Sebben, crudele – Antonio Caldara (1670-1736) [E4-E5]
Standchen – Franz Schubert (1797-1828) [D4-G5]
Oh, Is There Not One Maiden Breast – Arthur Sullivan (1842-1900) [G4-Bb5]
Bring Him Home - Claude-Michel Schönberg (b. 1944) [E4-A5]

I'll try and update this list as songs are added.

So, I've started a new project. I'm cataloging my entire sheet music library. It is a small (yeah, right) undertaking, but it is coming along. I know Dr. Copeland is scanning his entire library. I don't think I could do that right now. That might come later. I'm also updating my iTunes library constantly with new music. It's an addiction...i know.

Well, I might update later tonight. I've got a Music Theory test tomorrow and my Woodwind Methods midterm on Friday...fun.

Later all!

No comments: