Sunday, October 28, 2007

Like a blur...

...that's what life feels like right now. Everything is going by so fast. It seems like yesterday I was moving in at my apartment and going to UAB for my first class there. But now, it is past midterm and things are starting to pick up fast. For example, tomorrow, I have a playing test in Woodwind Methods, I have a sight-singing test in Music Theory, and I have an audition tomorrow evening for our Spring opera, Pirates of Penzance. That's just Monday. Later this week, on Thursday, I'll be singing at the Alabama ACDA Collegiate Choral Festival with the UAB Concert Choir. I'm looking forward to Thursday because I'll get to see all of my Jeff State friends as well as I'll get to hear what other college choirs in Alabama are performing. It's always an event I look forward to each Fall.

Juries are on December 1, and that will be here soon. I've got to put at least two more songs in my repertoire before then. Being at 200 level voice (and I'm hoping to jury up to 300 this semester), I have to have six selections prepared for Juries. I'll get to pick one and the jury, comprised of the Voice Faculty, Dr. Copeland, and Dr. Reynolds (I think) as well as Ms. Reynolds, our accompanist, will pick another for me to sing. I'm nervous about this as most music majors are when it comes to Juries. Pray for me.

Well, I've got some more practicing to do before bed tonight. Jeez, playing the flute isn't as easy as it looks. You've got to get your aperture just right or horrendous noises will come from the flute.

Goodnight!

No comments: