Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Return of Brian

Yes, I know it has been forever since I last posted anything on here, so I apologize to all of you who read this (Especially Dr. Copeland... because we all know he likes to keep little tabs on all our lives... j/k).

I am leaving for Ireland in 3 days.

Final exams are done with, Juries are over with (thank God), AND I don't have to write a paper until the end of May. So I am somewhat content with life right now.

I have so much packing and preparation to do before Tuesday morning. Here is a semi-run down of the coming days:

Tuesday (4/29): Leave UAB on a charter bus to Atlanta. Fly from Atlanta to Chicago, then fly overnight from Chicago to Shannon, Ireland.

Wednesday (4/30): Arrive in Shannon, Ireland then take a charter bus to Cork, Ireland.

Thursday (5/1)- Monday (5/5): Compete in the Cork International Choral Festival.

Tuesday (5/6) - Wednesday (5/7): Arrive in Dublin, Ireland for sightseeing and fun. Leave on Wednesday to go back to the United States.

Thursday (5/8): Begin Summer classes.

So as you can see, I have no downtime from Tuesday on through the rest of May (until my Foundations of Education II class ends).

But I am really excited about our trip.

I am going to try and update this blog regularly while i'm in Ireland so friends and family back home can hear about my exploits as an international choral star! Hah!

You can also check out our choir's blog at http://uabchoirs.blogspot.com, as I'm sure that Dr. Copeland will update it frequently while we're away.

Well, I hope everyone is well and I look forward seeing everyone when I return.

Much love,

Brian

No comments: