Friday, February 29, 2008

Cough...Cough...Cough...

...is all that I've been doing today it seems.

Okay, I'm officially sick, but I'm also officially recovering. I went to the doc yesterday and she diagnosed me with Pharyngitis and an Upper Respiratory Infection. Not fun. So after a steroid shot and some antibiotics and such, I'm somewhat recovering.

But on top of the sickness, Pirates opens next week. We've had a rehearsal nearly every night this week and being sick and having no voice makes it a bit hard to put forth all of your effort and energy into a rehearsal. But things have gone well so far. Tomorrow begins Tech Week (or more affectionately known as HELL WEEK!!!).

So today, also whilst being sick, I had to attend a mandantory fitness lab for my HPE 200 class. At the lab, I had to run/walk 1.5 miles, do curl-ups, and do push-ups. I will say that I am proud of myself for walking the 1.5 miles in 23 minutes and 30 seconds whilst having Asthma and an upper respiratory infection on top of that. Yes, that is not fast at all, but I survived (for the most part) and I'm here to blog about it. We won't go into the curl-ups and push-ups...

Well, I just got in from Pirates rehearsal and I'm whooped. I've got a few things to do before bed, so I'm off...

Comments are much appreciated...

Brian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better, Brian! Being sick is certainly no fun.