Monday, November 19, 2007

Hunter Denton


Today was a very sad day for me and my family. So please bear with me as you read this because I am on the break of tears. Our dog, Hunter, that we've had for 15 years, has had epilepsy for most of his life and for the past few months he's been suffering from congestive heart failure. Well, usually I go home every weekend to stay with Hunter while my parents are at the lake. Saturday night, I arrived at the house to see him in disarray and he was breathing very labored. I was very scared because I knew that he was nearing the end of his life. Well, he calmed down once I got in and got him settled. Sunday morning I left the house reluctantly to go to church because I didn't know if that would be the last time I would see him. It turns out that it was the last time I would get to pet him. Last night when my parents got home, he was severely bloated and was breathing very labored. So Mom and Dad decided to take him to the Vet today to have him checked out. It turns out that he was drowning in fluid in his lungs and to end his suffering he had to be put to sleep. I was soo sad when Mom told me this today. All I feel right now is numbness. Thinking about this makes me tear up as I type this. He was such a great dog and he lived a great, spoiled life, so I have no regrets with him. I'll miss him dearly, but at least he isn't suffering anymore.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers in this sad time for me and my family.


No comments: