Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Move

Well, yesterday, August 17, 2007, I moved into my new apartment at the University House in Birmingham. Mom and Dad helped me move (which took up most of the day). But it is a very comfortable apartment. I actually slept really well last night, which was surprising (I usually have a difficult night's sleep on a different bed than mine at home). But everything went well. I think I'm going to like my roommates. They are D.J. Taylor, Jerrell Leonard, and Drew Holden. We each have our own bedroom and bathroom and we share the kitchen, living room, and washer/dryer. The guys seem really nice and easy to get along with.

Roxy Nelson is my neighbor down the hall. Last night she came over to my apartment and I cooked us some frozen pizza and we had salad with it. It was good. I then helped her move some things in her apartment. The only weird thing about the new apartment is that they don't have our cable and internet on the 1st and 3rd floors (which conveniently enough includes me because I'm on the 3rd floor). The office said that it should be fixed today, but i'm not getting my hopes up. I'm currently at work (Lakeshore Foundation) and I've got my laptop here using our wonderful WiFi.

I've got to work tonight at Starbucks after I get off here at 5. BLEH!! But I get off at 10:30, so its not that bad. I'll just be really tired tomorrow at church...which i've got to be there at 7 for music team rehearsal...but thats a good thing! :)

Well, I'm going to wrap this up for now. Hopefully I can post some pictures soon of the new apartment.

Until then,

Brian

No comments: