Saturday, June 02, 2007

Summer Activities...aka. WORK!

Well, so far, my summer has been very uneventful. It seems that all I have done is work this summer. But after next friday, my work load lightens just a little bit. Next Friday is my last day at Family Christian Stores. Yes, after 4 years I am leaving Family to work more at my new job, Lakeshore Foundation. Although Lakeshore is over in Homewood, a considerable distance from my home in Mount Olive, it is a great job and I love working there so far. It is also close to Mountaintop and it is close to UAB, where I will start in the Fall.

On Monday, I start rehearsing for Oklahoma! at the Gardendale Civic Center. I will be playing the role of Ike Skidmore, a cowman. I have a solo in Act Two, so that shall be fun.

Coming up, June 15-17, I am going up to Tennessee to visit with the Granlund's. I can't wait to go see them. It has been quite a while since we last saw each other. I think Sarah will probably ride up there with me and I think Abby is riding back with us so that her and Sarah can go to City Stages that Sunday night.

Just as soon as I get back to Alabama from Tennessee, I will be house sitting for my Uncle Scott the week of June 17-23. He recently got a new house in Fultondale (with pool) and wants me to house sit for him while he will be gone to Boy Scout Leader's Camp.

I have UAB New Student Orientation on June 12th. I am very excited about that. I will get to register for my classes that day...hopefully.

Well, last night was fun. Rachel and I went out and had fun. I hadn't seen her in a while, since graduation and all, so we caught up and ate at Qdoba at Patton Creek. We were going to see a movie, but there wasn't anything that we really wanted to see that we already hadn't seen. BTW...Pirates 3 was great. I don't care what your opinion is, but I thought it was just as good as the other two. Now if they would hurry up and release Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, I will be very happy.

I might be having a small get-together (aka. a party of sorts) in the near future, so I'll notify you then about it.

Well, yet another Saturday goes by that I am at work all day and our work load is diminished so that boredom encompasses you. That was an interesting way of saying that I am bored. But I get off at 5. Anybody wanna hang out, holla at me!

Alrighty peeps, I'm out. Hope everyone is well and is having a great day!

Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darling! Here is our blog, and we are leaving you a comment! Actually, just Janna is commenting, but still! Now we are friends!